Saturday 10 July 2010

Do teen authors suck?

Short answer: no, they do not.

Long answer:
I do not believe that teen authors are awful at writing. In fact, I believe some to be rather good. Although our grammar, spelling and prose may not be the best; isn't writing all a big learning process? Sure, even if your writing sucks, that doesn't mean that you, as an author, are rubbish. It just means you need to practise a little more! Where I don't think I'm amazing at writing, I am ready to accept that I have a seed of talent that I can nurture until it grows. By determination you can transform yourself from a 'bad' writing to a 'good' writer and then eventually an 'gob -smacking' author. Hey- you might even get published!
Back to the point. Are teen authors bad? No, they're just finding their feet in the world of writing. So what if their writing is a little bit shaky? That doesn't mean they're bad.
Teen authors are just starting out into the mysterious and chilling industry that is writing, discovering things that many adults are scared to prod; to explore.
You know what? Teen authors are brave starting out and putting pen to paper for the first time just for fun. With so much competition- adult competition- out there, whats stopping them from running away and cowering under a rock? Nothing. Yet they still keep at it.
All things considering, I think teen authors rock!

Just a thought that had been nagging at my head for a while now...
In kinda related news I just wanted to announce to the world that last night I hit 13,000 words! Yabadaba dooo! To celebrate that fact I just wanted to share with you the first paragraph from my new novel; my new baby project! (Thus disproving my point about teen authors being great.... hey ho....)

‘Why even bother looking up at me if he never smiles or waves?’ I thought grumpily, my slight smile slipping straight off my mouth. I sighed and sneaked one last glance at him- savouring his tousled black hair and kind eyes as he gazed out of his window. I nodded approvingly as I saw this; he was the only human I knew that actually appreciated the beauty of my home. He was always there, every single human night, staring up at the moon, his eyes always seeking out mine. My heart twisted as I focused on his dreamy smile, gently beaming up at the sky.

Well, hope you enjoyed it! As always critique is heartily welcomed! (Aka, please tell me all the bad things about it!)
Thanks much for stopping by today!

~Katkin

No comments:

Post a Comment