Thursday 22 April 2010

Running

Ballet just fininshed, and as I was coming out, I saw my car driving past the gates. So, what did I do? Did I wait for it to go back and around? No. Silly little dim witted me decied to chase after it. I opened the gate and ran as fast as I could, chasing my massive black car. It was like it was taunting me, stopping and then starting again just as I got near it. I ran for five minutes, chasing it down alleys and blocks, oblivious to the questioning stares of the locals. You must remember that I was in a leotard, tights and a crossover-as well as in my best satin ballet shoes. Finally I reached my car, puffing and panting, sweat dribbling down my forehead. I climbed in and mum said, "Gosh Kat, you must have run like the wind to catch up with me! You shouldn't have bothered though, I was coming back round any way!" I was lying back in my seat, gasping for breath, my heart thumping like a bird trapped in a cage. All I could do was nod, my calf's burning, my ankles twisted.

My brain is very strange. What made me chase after my car? Was it my subconscious trying to tell me something or was I just being a complete and utter idiot.

~Katkin

No comments:

Post a Comment