Sunday 23 May 2010

Diarys

Do you keep a journal? I do, numerous in fact. Today (when I was meant to be reviseing!) I was looking through them all, curious at what my younger self thought of the world. Nothing really, I was, and am, very self centered.
I'm going to give you a taste of what I write (and wrote) in my diarys, because I'm feeling kind/evil.
Here goes!
School Dazs!
Today, the 23rd of January 2008, I went to school. Obviously! At school we had English with Mr Fennly we were writing letters about 'Heated socks'. how riveting! I did one about them socks and I was really proud of it!
After that we had maths, there was the normal scramble to get out of the classroom and into another classroom for our lesson. Today we had a test to test our knowledge. I think I did quite well but I made some mistakes.
Lunch time= playtime! A whole hour of it. This play we did our A.A club (Animal action) It was a big hit, we got ten new members! WOW!
After P.T me, A, A and L went around the school with our raffle, cancer reasearch. When we finished that we realised we had missed half of Art! Next time we will be more careful...
That was written when I was a boring little 10 year old.
When I was just 11.
18.12.08
Dear Diary,
Hello! Today I came 2nd place in a building site poster competition. I got £10 book voucher, and loads of other things. But the bad thing is that first place got an ipod shuffle, so close yet so far... In the morning we had an advent assembly. I GOT TO HOLD A CANDLE! Yay!

Hmm, I didn't lead a very exciting life....

When I was eleven, my summer diary.
18.7.09
Dear Cleo,
Today was the first day of the summer holiday! It is a Saturday so it does not really seem that diferent from normal weekends. Well, theres one slight difference. Today I do not have Ballet, Tap or Modern on! Yay! You see, every saturday I have three hiurs of dancing, Terrible tap, misrable modern, and last, and defently least, boring ballet.
Because last week was my last ever week in Primary school, Mum brought me a disposable camera. I took photos all week!
Ecetra, I won't bore you to death, as that entry is 12 pages long.
When i was 12:
25.12.09
Hiya! At the mo we are setting up a battlestar galactica board game. It looks very complicated, but, like all weird things, I bet it will end up being a laugh.
I can't believe Christmas day has gone so fast! It seems like seconds ago when I woke up and went to mum and dads room. I hate it when things go really fast- it leaves me feeling glum...
Zoom forward to my present day diary:
29.3.10
Dear Diary,
Hello, my name is Katkin and I am 12 years old. I am a aspiring author and at the moment I am writing a novel called 'Another Life'. I am 83 pages in, 25, 260 words. I am only just halfway through, if that. I have the feeling that this book may be able to be classed as an actual novel once I've finished it! It is my dream, my greatest ambition, to have a book published whislt I'm still in high school. Imagine how amazing it would be to have something you have written published and actually in book stores and in librarys. Imagine kids who are given book vouchers and choose to spend them on something that you have wrote and cherished, Imagine that feeling! I know odds are stacked against me, but, I have a feeling that my dream may one day actualy come true.
At school I entered a writing competition and I won first place out of the whole school. Surely that has to mean something?! My story was called 'hybrid of an angel' and although it wasn't the best thing I've ever wrote, I did quite enjoy writing it. Maybe my enjoyment came through in the actual story?
Ok, congratualations if you managed to wade through all those uninterseting diary entrys.
Cheerio!
~Katkin

5 comments:

  1. WOW! c, u r great at everything! U-R-FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I keep two diaries. One is in a book and another is my blog. But I don't write as good as you. You are so good at writing!! Keep it up.

    Read my blog: http://welcometomytroublesomelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Another Life! You are going to publish it, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete