Thursday 20 May 2010

Embarrasing moments and pushy teachers.

At Ballet today it was awful because I made such a fool of myself. You see, we were all parading and dancing and jetteying across the room, when I suddenly realised I was the only person in my line who was still dancing! I stopped but my dance teacher barked, "Keep dancing!" So I had no choice but to dance while everyone else from my line stood at the back of the room, laughing there heads off. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole, everyone was laughing- including my teacher! Eeeeeek! Why oh why did that have to happen? I am such an idiot!

One bad thing that happened today was in drama. Last night I slaved over a long and detailed script for our drama exam/ assessment, and I thought I had done quite well. Today in Drama my secondary drama teacher asked to see our piece, before we had ever read through the script. So, as you can imagine, we muddled through half blind like idiots, mumbling our lines and giggling. She basically said it was a load of crap, and that it wasn't very good at all. Yay for me, looked like I wasted my evening for nothing- I was ready to cry. She deleted three quarters of it, and for the other quarter she changed everything about it. I had put so much effort into that script, and researched the war in Afghanistan for so long. Bloody teacher, I don't think she realised how much she was hurting my feelings....

What's the point?

Isn't the reason why we're left to put together exam pieces so we can develop our own styles and find out what works and what doesn't through trial and error? I hate pushy teachers- why won't they let me develop and find stuff out in my own time? I get better results that way, I can't work to the best of my ability on something that teacher teared apart and changed to fit her personality.

Has anything like that ever happened to you?

~Katkin

No comments:

Post a Comment