Thursday 17 June 2010

Wooty hoot hoot!

Today it was amazing. Yes, its not often you hear me say that about my day. Well, because me and Moocha are part of the G&T group we were invited to a special display of.... owls! Well, if you know me then you'll know that I'm obsessed with owls. I've made loads of owl toys, a owl bag and have numerous owl stationary! It was amazing seeing one, no three (!) in real life. There was a tawny owl, a african barn owl and a massive, and I mean MASSIVE western europian eagle owl. It. Was. Amazing. We got to stroke the massive eagle owl and feel its fur and feathers. Owls eyes are amazing, the tawny owl and barn owls eyes were black shining marbles but the eagle owls eyes were the trademark glistening amber. When you stared it in the eye, it was truly breath catching.
I can't wait to see what G&T have in store for us next.
~Katkin

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Might I ask, what is G&T? I sooooo wish I could do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, G&T is this weird program called 'Gifted and Talented'. I bet its a code for 'special' people! I think if you got high enough grades in yr 6 then you get in, I got in by the skin of my teeth..... Its great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! You are so lucky! Are you really smart? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I'm as dumb as dumb gets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no! she's the smartest in our class and u know it katkin!

    ReplyDelete